Monday, May 19, 2014

Endre Tót | Gladness Writings 1973–1976












Endre Tót
Gladness Writings 1973–1976
Liège, Belgium: Yellow Now, 1977
24 pp.,  29x 20.2 cm., softcover
Edition size unknown

Each page of this slim volume features the same smiling portrait of the artist from the cover
(which also appears on the cover of several of the artist's other bookworks) and a reproduction of a handwritten "gladness" text.

According to his Wikipedia entry, he published a memoir in 2009 entitled I’m glad that I can write one sentence after another with Noran Publishers in Budapest, though I can find no record of it.

Gladness Writings is available for EUR15.00, here. Above copy from Continuo, here.

The below "writings" photographs are from Amsterdam in 1980 and the final image is titled I’m glad if I can stamp, and features the artist stamping Cosey Fanni Tutti of Throbbing Gristle, in London in 1976.








No comments:

Post a Comment