Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Seaside [a-side, b-side]

I just got some photos of my current MKG127 exhibition back from the photographer (Toni Hafkenscheid). As I wait for the overhaul of my website to be finished, I'll post the book and record works here.




Dave Dyment
Seaside [a-side, b-side]
Toronto, Canada: Self-published, 2012
[158] pp., 12 x 12", hardcover (foil-stamped title)
Edition of 3, signed and numbered

A clear vinyl sound effects record is scanned and the grooves of the first side are presented on the left-hand side of the page, and the b-side on the right. For Arthur Lintgen, a Philadelphia physician who experienced minor fame for a brief moment in the seventies when it was learned that he could identify the content of a vinyl record simply by examining the grooves.


No comments:

Post a Comment